DUE DILIGENCE & COMPLIANCE
“As a team, we assist our clients in identifying and analysing the risks involved in their transactions; and we assist clients to mitigate and hedge those risks through strategic input, leveraging on our adequate knowledge of relevant laws and diverse risk management tools”
As investment solicitors we have the know-how to provide innovative legal due diligence to foreign and local clients prior to foreign direct, portfolio investments, mergers & acquisition and diverse needs in the Nigeria economy.
Our due diligence exercise involves comprehensive investigation into the operating activities of Nigerian companies and business interests, ownership and management structure, reputation, assets and liabilities, claims and litigation as well as their compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements in connection with any particular transaction.
We currently act as due diligence partner to various foreign firms acting for clients who are either investing in Nigeria or doing business with a Nigerian company. We provide our clients the useful details to reach informed decisions, save time and money, and also be protected from fraud and scams. Service may be confidential, and cases are customized to fit the need of every client.
Also, our varied experience in the requisite areas of Nigerian law and practice puts us in good stead to appreciate the likely issues that will be raised by prospective international investors whether through the public capital markets or through private equity. We are well vast in joint venture relationships between foreign companies and Nigerian locals.
In this regard, Swift Solicitors as a firm has:
- A thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements of doing business in Nigeria as well as the cross border issues that arise from such transactions;
- Proven corporate and commercial laws knowledge, as well as understanding of the documentation and considerations impacting various businesses in Nigeria;
- Sound appreciation of transaction structures;
- Lawyers who are experienced in handling international transactions, including capital market and private equity transactions by Nigerian entities and foreign partners;
- Good project management skills, and the ability to use available legal techniques to resolve patently conflicting interests;
- The ability to proffer solutions to legal, regulatory, financing and commercial issues arising in the course of the business relationships in order to maximize client and stakeholder benefits;
- Active litigation lawyers with apt proficiency in court room practices and who are very competent in court judgment/ record assessment; and
- A consortium of extra-legal professionals in various fields of businesses as external consultants.
The strength of our practice lies in our people – the variety of skills and experience that they bring to the table. As a team, we assist our clients in identifying and analysing the risks involved in their transactions; and we assist clients to mitigate and hedge those risks through strategic input, leveraging on our adequate knowledge of relevant laws and diverse risk management tools. These ensure the seamless and efficient provision of legal due diligence services to our clients on any transaction.
Our due diligent report is tailored according to the need of each client. Our approach and scope will be determined after our discussion with the client.
We will give an informed opinion about that your next investment decision or business partner in Nigeria.
For further enquiries or a free no obligations quote for any of our services, feel very to contact us