OIL & GAS PRACTICE
Our clients are looked after by “client partners” whose task it is to organize and coordinate all work carried out, enhancing the need to develop an extensive dialogue with our clients in order to provide the highest quality of legal assistance.
Given the strategic nature and economic significance of these energy resources in Nigeria, this is indisputably an important area of law. Swift solicitors advise on all aspects of the oil and gas industry.
We have a dedicated energy group for assisting companies in the energy sector. We provide advice on most areas of law pertaining to the sector and on all aspects regulated by energy law. For more complex problems our lawyers form other specialist areas are brought in to assist energy group as required
Our services cover:
- Corporate issues, particularly those connected with the regulation of vertically integrated business, interpreting petroleum laws and regulation.
- Issues of contractual law in agreements with clients and suppliers, particularly those concerning energy law requirements and the protection of competition and consumers.
- Issues of obtaining accreditation with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for oil drilling and oil servicing companies.
- Issues of preparation of production sharing agreements, joint operating agreements, memorandum of understanding and other energy industry agreements.
- Issues relating to site acquisitions.
- Environmental protection regulations, including emissions trading.
- Issues connected with real estate and construction law in particular the legal status of new and old infrastructure investments.
- Representation of clients at courts hearings, tribunals and arbitration panels on various issues such as proposed oil pipeline routes and oil services contract disputes. Our energy group closely monitors legal changes in the highly regulated energy sector.
The size of the firm as well as our deep understanding of global needs and local realities has enabled us to act effectively and cost- efficiently to the benefits of clients.
Experience in project management and daily dealings with all types of problems encountered by our clientele allows us to always organize an appropriate team of professionals fully responding to our clients’ needs and leaving them confident that all instructions have been dealt swiftly with both adequately competent individuals thus, we are able to optimize costs of legal services and have always sought to maintain the highest possible standards with regards to competences as well as document management, confidentiality and security.
Our clients are looked after by “client partners” whose task it is to organize and coordinate all work carried out. Experience has shown the need to develop extensive dialogue with our clients in order to provide the highest quality of legal assistance.
For further enquiries or a free no obligations quote for any of our services, feel very to contact us