PARENT OF A CHILD STUDENT VISA
For parents who wish to join or stay with their children while they are studying in the UK, we also assist with the processes. The UK Home Office Parent of a Child Student rules and policy allows one parent to come to or stay in the UK to care for their child (or children) where the child is studying at an independent fee-paying school under a Child Student Visa.
UK Visas & Immigrations have a set rules and requirements a Child Student`s Parent Visa applicant must meet before the visa is granted. These are as follows:
- The parent must be at least 18 years old as at the time of the application;
- You are the parent of a child who has, or is at the same time successfully applying for entry clearance or permission to stay as a Child Student;
- The Child Student’s other parent is not in the UK and is not seeking to come to the UK;
- The Child Student is aged between 4 and 11 years old and has, or is at the same time applying for, entry clearance or permission to stay, as a Child Student;
- You intend to live with the Child Student during your stay in the UK;
- You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;
- You do not intend to make the UK your main home and have sufficient funds to maintain your main home outside the UK;
- Child Student`s Parent Visa requirements are generally the same, but circumstances may vary from one person to another, which may warrant specific requirements for some individuals. The supporting documents for satisfying the requirements are also relative. So, the exact requirements you will need to satisfy the UK Visas & immigration may differ in some cases, depending on your circumstances.
- To be sure of what you really need for your Child Student`s Parent Visa application, you may need to seek professional advice from an immigration lawyer. In other to brighten your chances of success at first attempt, and reduce to chances of need for review/appeal, it is advisable you speak with in an immigration lawyer before you apply.
HOW WE CAN HELP AS EXPERT IMMIGRATION LAWYERS
We have expert immigration lawyers who are well versed in UK immigration and nationality matters. Our lawyers constantly monitor the usually complex UK Home office rules and policies for Child Student`s Parent Visa requirements and procedures.
Our experienced immigration lawyers regularly assist Nigerian parents alongside clients from all over the world for successful Child Student`s Parent Visa application. We also assist with extension of such visa once the students and their parents who are already in the UK.
Once our clients, we start and stay with the child students and their parents through their time, as they pursue their education in the UK.
We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. We are a highly driven team, dedicated to providing clear and reliable immigration advice to child students as part of a professional and friendly service.
RELATED SERVICES (accordion)
Extension of stay with Child Student`s Parent Visa
Having arrived the UK and taking care of your child progressing with his/her educational pursuit, you may need to extend your stay after the expiration of your entry visa. We also assist with this extension once you are already in the UK. The exact requirements for such extension will vary depending on your circumstances and your reason for extension.
Reviews and Appeals
There are many reasons why your visa applications may be refused by the UK Visas and Immigrations, especially when you fail to seek expert advice before your first attempt. Sometimes, denial could be on technical ground or done in error by a consular officer.
If your application for entry clearance or leave to remain in any circumstances at all has been refused, our expert immigration lawyers can advise on the merits of making a fresh application or challenging the decision.
If your application was refused by the consular officer as a result of failure to correctly apply the UK Immigration Rules or Home Office policy, then our immigration experts can bring Administrative Review proceedings to challenge the decision to refuse your application.
Also, if the refusal of your application is adjudged by our experts as a decision reached unlawfully, unreasonably or procedurally improper, then our immigration experts can bring an application for Judicial Review. We will also brief our barristers to represent you at Judicial Review hearings.
Our lawyers are committed to your needs
Our immigration experts are available to serve your needs. You can use our online free consultation tool to get free initial assessment of your Child Student Visa application or review. Where required, we can start working on the best solution for your matter right away.