You can apply for the Health & Care Worker Visa to live and work in the UK with your family if you are in the health sector. The Health and Care Worker Visa is open to qualified doctors, nurses and allied health professionals of all nationalities (except British and Irish) who have been trained to a recognised standard.

The Health and Care Worker Visa can lead to settlement in the UK after 5 years and applicants can be joined by dependent partners and children.


UK Visas & Immigrations have a set rules and requirements a Health & Care Worker Visa applicant must meet before the visa is granted. These are as follows:

  • You are aged 18 or over;
  • You are a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional;
  • You work or will work in an eligible health or social care job, which falls within the list of approved occupation codes;
  • You work or will work for a UK health and care sector employer that has been approved by the Home Office;
  • You have a valid ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you have been offered;
  • You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0);
  • You will be paid the minimum salary or the ‘going rate’ for the type of work you will be doing, whichever is higher;
  • You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;
  • You have provided a criminal record certificate, if working with vulnerable people; and
  • You have provided a valid TB certificate, if from a listed country.


To be sure of what you really need for you’re a Human Rights application, you may need to seek professional advice from an immigration lawyer. In other to brighten your chances of success at first attempt, and reduce to chances of failure, it is advisable you speak with in an immigration lawyer in every situation.


We have expert immigration lawyers who are well versed in UK immigration and nationality matters. Our lawyers constantly monitor the usually complex UK Home office rules and policies for Health & Care Worker Visa requirements and procedures. 

Our experienced immigration lawyers can assist our clients from all over the world for successful Health & Care Worker Visa application.

We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. We are a highly driven team, dedicated to providing clear and reliable immigration advice to our clients as part of a professional and friendly service.


Settlement routes from Health & Care Worker Visa

In order to qualify for Settlement as a Health and Care Worker, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

  • You have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK;
  • The 5-year continuous period consisted of time with permission on any of, or any combination of, the following routes: Health and Care Worker, Global talent,  Innovator, Tier 2 Minister of Religion, Tier 2 Sportsperson, Representative of an Overseas Business or as a Tier 1 Migrant (other than as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant);
  • You have not been outside for more than 180 days during each year of the 5-year continuous period;
  • You have passed the Life in the UK test (unless aged 65 or over); 
  • Your sponsor is still a Home Office approved sponsor;
  • Your sponsor still requires you to work for them for the foreseeable future;
  • You are being, and will be paid for the foreseeable future, at least the general salary threshold or the going rate requirement, whichever is higher.

 Our expert immigration lawyers can help with this processes.

Reviews and Appeals

There are many reasons why your visa applications may be refused by the UK Visas and Immigrations, especially when you fail to seek expert advice before your first attempt. Sometimes, denial could be on technical ground or done in error by a consular officer.

If your application for entry clearance or leave to remain in any circumstances at all has been refused, our expert immigration lawyers can advise on the merits of making a fresh application or challenging the decision.

If your application was refused by the consular officer as a result of failure to correctly apply the UK Immigration Rules or Home Office policy, then our immigration experts can bring Administrative Review proceedings to challenge the decision to refuse your application.

Also, if the refusal of your application is adjudged by our experts as a decision reached unlawfully, unreasonably or procedurally improper, then our immigration experts can bring an application for Judicial Review. We will also brief our barristers to represent you at Judicial Review hearings.

Our lawyers are committed to your needs

Our immigration experts are available to serve your needs. You can use our online free consultation tool to get free initial assessment of your Health & Care Worker Visa application or review. Where required, we can start working on the best solution for your matter right away.