You can apply for the Intra-Company Transfer Visa if you work for a multinational company which wants to transfer you to a branch of the company based in the UK. It is a type of Visa for employees of multinational employers who need to be transferred to a UK branch of their employer to do a skilled role in the UK.

As an applicant for the Intra-Company Transfer Visa, you need to have worked for your employer in your home country or your country of current base for at least 12 months. However, if your current job in the UK will earn you up to £73,900 or more, then the 12 month length or work may not be necessary.


UK Visas & Immigrations have a set rules and requirements a Skilled Worker Visa applicant must meet before the visa is granted. These are as follows:

  • You are aged 18 or over;
  • You are currently employed by an organisation that has been approved by the Home Office as a sponsor;
  • You have worked for your sponsor, or a business linked to your sponsor by ownership, outside the UK, for at least 12 months, unless you will earn £73,900 or more in the UK;
  • You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship issued by your sponsor for the job you are planning to do;
  • The job you are planning to do is genuine;
  • The job you are planning to do is at an appropriate skill level;
  • You will be paid at least £41,500 or the ‘going rate’ for your job, whichever is higher;
  • Your sponsor has paid any required Immigration Skills Charge;
  • You have enough money to support yourself without relying on public funds;
  • You have provided a valid TB certificate, if required.


  • In order to obtain a Skilled Worker Visa you must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the job you are planning to do.  Your Certificate of Sponsorship will need to have been issued by an employer that is authorised by the Home Office to sponsor the job in question under Intra-Company Transfer route. Your Sponsor must be listed as A-rated on the Home Office’s register of licensed sponsors, unless you were last granted permission under the Intra-Company routes and are applying to continue working for the same sponsor as in your last permission;
  • Your Certificate of Sponsorship must have been issued not more than 3 months before the date of your Skilled Worker application. It must also include certain mandatory details;
  • To be sure of what you really need for you’re a Human Rights application, you may need to seek professional advice from an immigration lawyer. In other to brighten your chances of success at first attempt, and reduce to chances of failure, it is advisable you speak with in an immigration lawyer in every situation.


We have expert immigration lawyers who are well versed in UK immigration and nationality matters. Our lawyers constantly monitor the usually complex UK Home office rules and policies for Intra-Company Transfer Visa requirements and procedures. 

Our experienced immigration lawyers can assist our clients from all over the world for successful Intra-Company Transfer Visa application.

We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. We are a highly driven team, dedicated to providing clear and reliable immigration advice to our clients as part of a professional and friendly service.


Extension of stay under Intra-Company Transfer Visa

If your application for an Intra-Company Transfer Visa is approved, you will be granted entry clearance or permission to stay for either the time given on your Certificate of Sponsorship plus 14 days, a period of 5 years, or the length of time that will take you to the maximum time period allowed in the category (see below), whichever is shorter.

You will be able to extend your stay in the UK on the Intra-Company Transfer route up to a maximum period of:

  • 5 years in any 6 year period if you are paid less than £73,900 per year; or
  • 9 years in any 10 year period if you are paid £73,900 or more per year.

In order to qualify for an extension of your Intra-Company Transfer Visa you will need to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration that:

  • You have the same job as when you were given your previous permission to enter or stay in the UK;
  • Your job is in the same occupation code as when you were given your previous permission to enter or stay in the UK;
  • You are still working for the employer who gave you your current Certificate of Sponsorship;
  • You have not reached the total maximum period of stay.

Settlement routes from Intra-Company Transfer Visa

The Intra-Company Transfer Visa does not lead to settlement in the UK.  However, you may be able to switch into another immigration route which does lead to settlement. You may also be eligible to extend your stay until you qualify for settlement on the basis of Long Residence. Our expert immigration lawyers can help with this processes.

Reviews and Appeals

There are many reasons why your visa applications may be refused by the UK Visas and Immigrations, especially when you fail to seek expert advice before your first attempt. Sometimes, denial could be on technical ground or done in error by a consular officer.

If your application for entry clearance or leave to remain in any circumstances at all has been refused, our expert immigration lawyers can advise on the merits of making a fresh application or challenging the decision.

If your application was refused by the consular officer as a result of failure to correctly apply the UK Immigration Rules or Home Office policy, then our immigration experts can bring Administrative Review proceedings to challenge the decision to refuse your application.

Also, if the refusal of your application is adjudged by our experts as a decision reached unlawfully, unreasonably or procedurally improper, then our immigration experts can bring an application for Judicial Review. We will also brief our barristers to represent you at Judicial Review hearings.

Our lawyers are committed to your needs Our immigration experts are available to serve your needs. You can use our online free consultation tool to get free initial assessment of your Intra-Company Transfer Visa application or review. Where required, we can start working on the best solution for your matter right away.