You can apply for the Minister of Religion Visa with which you can relocate to the UK The Minister of Religion Visa (T2) is for individuals who have been sponsored to perform mainly pastoral, leading role within a bona fide faith-based organisation or religious order in the UK. 

Your role as a Minister of Religion should not involve mainly non-pastoral duties, such as school teaching, media production, domestic work or administrative and clerical work, unless your role is a senior position within your sponsor’s organisation (such as a financial controller).  Applicants for these other roles should consider being sponsored on an alternative route such as the Skilled Worker route.

The T2 Minister of Religion route can lead to settlement in the UK and applicants can be joined or accompanied by a dependent partner and dependent children under the age of 18.


UK Visas & Immigrations have a set rules and requirements a Minister of Religion Visa applicant must meet before the visa is granted. These are as follows:

  • You are aged 16 or over;
  • You have an offer of a job as a minister of religion from an approved sponsor that holds a Minister of Religion Visa (T2) sponsor licence (which requires a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the role you wish to undertake);
  • You genuinely intend, and are able, to undertake the role for which you are being sponsored;
  • You satisfy an English language requirement;
  • You have personal savings to support yourself in the UK;
  • Your application does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal;
  • You have provided a valid TB certificate, if required.


To be sure of what you really need for you’re a Human Rights application, you may need to seek professional advice from an immigration lawyer. In other to brighten your chances of success at first attempt, and reduce to chances of failure, it is advisable you speak with in an immigration lawyer in every situation.


We have expert immigration lawyers who are well versed in UK immigration and nationality matters. Our lawyers constantly monitor the usually complex UK Home office rules and policies for Minister of Religion Visa requirements and procedures. 

Our experienced immigration lawyers can assist our clients from all over the world for successful Minister of Religion Visa application.

We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. We are a highly driven team, dedicated to providing clear and reliable immigration advice to our clients as part of a professional and friendly service.


Settlement routes from Health & Care Worker Visa

In order to qualify for settlement (indefinite leave to remain) as a T2 Minister of Religion, you will need to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration that:

  • You have completed 5 years’ continuous residence in the UK in the T2 Minister of Religion category or in combination with time spent in the T2 Sportsperson, Skilled Worker, Tier 1 (other than Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Sole Representative of an Overseas Business, Innovator and Global Talent routes);
  • You have not been outside the UK for more than 180 days in any 12-month period during the 5 year period relied on;
  • Your sponsor still requires you to work for them for the foreseeable future and will pay an appropriate salary;
  • Unless exempt, you have demonstrated English language ability on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in speaking and listening to at least level B1 and have passed the Life in the UK test.

 Our expert immigration lawyers can help with this processes.

Reviews and Appeals

There are many reasons why your visa applications may be refused by the UK Visas and Immigrations, especially when you fail to seek expert advice before your first attempt. Sometimes, denial could be on technical ground or done in error by a consular officer.

If your application for entry clearance or leave to remain in any circumstances at all has been refused, our expert immigration lawyers can advise on the merits of making a fresh application or challenging the decision.

If your application was refused by the consular officer as a result of failure to correctly apply the UK Immigration Rules or Home Office policy, then our immigration experts can bring Administrative Review proceedings to challenge the decision to refuse your application.

Also, if the refusal of your application is adjudged by our experts as a decision reached unlawfully, unreasonably or procedurally improper, then our immigration experts can bring an application for Judicial Review. We will also brief our barristers to represent you at Judicial Review hearings.

Our lawyers are committed to your needs

Our immigration experts are available to serve your needs. You can use our online free consultation tool to get free initial assessment of your Minister of Religion Visa application or review. Where required, we can start working on the best solution for your matter right away.